Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting table data to Excel, part of AutoCAD Facilities Management: Areas.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] We're now starting another chapter…in our AutoCAD facilities management 101 areas course.…And we're gonna look at exporting the area table data…to other applications.…So you'll notice we're in the model space at the moment…in a new drawing, 00-GND-FM-TDATA, table data…and you can download that…from your lynda.com exercise files.…And in the usual fashion, if I go to the Insert tab here…on the ribbon, go to the Reference panel…and click on the little fly out here,…you'll see that we've got our GA drawing there,…which is 00-GND-GA-TDATA.dwg.…
You can down that also from your lynda.com exercise files.…It's been referenced into the FM drawing…and renamed as FP as you can see…in the External References pallet there.…So if I now go to the Home tab on the ribbon…and go into my Layers here,…into Layer Properties, you'll see that…all of my referenced drawing layers…are now FP, facilities plan,…like we've done in all the previous videos and chapters.…So I'll close the Layer Properties Manager.…Now, if I go to the 00-GND layout tab here,…
- Setting up a facilities drawing
- Managing XREF layers
- Adjusting drawing units and limits
- Using polylines
- Defining areas
- Annotating areas
- Setting up area table styles
- Finding and linking area data
- Exporting area table data
Skill Level Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Tips, Tricks, and Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to FM
2. Setting Up a Facilities Drawing
Managing XREF layers3m 55s
3. Getting Your FM Settings Right
4. Areas and Polylines
5. Defining Areas
6. Annotating Areas
7. Setting Up an Area Table Style
8. Using the Area Table
9. Exporting the Area Table Data
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.