Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Export Attributes, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] So we're staying in our 02_Blocks.dwg file…and what we're going to have a look at now on the blocks panel,…on the express tools tab is the export attributes command.…Now, I've gone back to the orignal block.…You can see the whole block there with the attributes.…And what I'm going to do is export out these attributes here…so you've got the desk number D999…and the desk owner John Smith.…So I go over to the blocks panel…and click on export attributes.…Now it will prompt me to save this particular file…that I'm exporting the attributes into into a known folder.…
So I can see that it's a txt file,…a regular Windows text file…and it's called 02_Blocks the name of the drawing .txt.…Now I'm just going to make sure it's in a known location.…I'm going to pop this into my blocks folder…in the drawings folder there.…And you can see I've already got one there…that I've saved recently so I'm going to overwrite that…and click on save and replace it by saying yes.…I then select the attributes I want to put…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.