Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Explode Attributes, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] So we're now moving into another chapter…of the AutoCAD Express Tools Workflow Course.…And in this chapter we're going to look at blocks…and how the Express Tools can help us out…with our AutoCAD blocks.…Now some of the terminology that you may come across…in these videos does require a basic knowledge of AutoCAD…so just be aware of that.…We're working with a new drawing calling 02_Blocks.dwg…and you'll notice in this drawing we already have…a nice little workstation block all set up…with some nested blocks…and you can see some attributes here as well.…
So the D999 is the desk number,…and the John Smith is the desk owner in this case.…So let's have a look now at Explode Attributes.…So we're going to go to the Express Tools tab…here on the ribbon and in the Blocks panel,…you've got Explode Attributes.…It explodes the block and converts the attributes to text.…So let's have a look at that and see what happens.…So I click on Explode Attributes,…come into the drawing area,…I get the usual Select Objects prompt.…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.