Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files, I encourage you to download them and extract them to your desktop. Notice that's where I have mine, and as we go into the exercise files, you'll notice that they're organized by the chapter, but within each chapter, you'll also notice that they're organized according to exercise or module. Now some of these will have drawing files as well, and they'll be named according to the chapter, the exercise, and something about the file. You'll also find that within each chapter, there's a Completed folder, and this will show what will occur once we've completed the exercise and what the files will look like, what the Visual Studio projects will look like once you've completed the exercise.
If you don't have access to the exercise files, that's okay. Follow along as we build the same studio projects in this course as we work through the exercises together visually. Now some of it may be built already ahead of time in the exercise files, but we'll take the time to explain what we've built in addition and is already ready to go, and that way, then you can pause the video, catch up, and then complete the exercise together.
So you don't need the exercise files to work through this course but they definitely will help speed up your grasp of this very exciting API.
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.