In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through what is an enterprise custom user interface and when to use an enterprise custom user interface within your configuration. The instructor discusses how to create an enterprise user interface and how to assign the correct user interface file to the enterprise versus main paths. In addition, Josh demonstrates the usage of an enterprise custom user interface and provides some suggested best practices.
- The key factor to customization,…is really to consider the interface…and the customization of that interface in segments.…You have standard auto-cad controls.…You want to make sure those are eval-able.…That's what all users are familiar with.…You have the company's custom elements.…You want to make sure that those are easily accessible,…and really, you're providing them for the productivity…of your users.…Then, you have the individuals who will want to customize…their interface as they see fit.…
So really, we have three different segments to consider…when we're establishing our company user interface.…We can do that using enterprise CUI.…First, let's go back to our options,…and under files we're going to set our customization file,…and notice there's two different customization files.…You have the main customization file,…and the main customization file is changeable.…
The user can customize that.…So, that would handle their individual needs…for customization.…Then, you have the enterprise customization file.…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
Designing Dynamic Blocks in AutoCADwith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.