In this video, Shaun Bryant discusses the benefits of having the ability to turn off Smooth line display while taking advantage of high-quality geometry in AutoCAD 2018.
- [Instructor] So we're in another drawing now,…Ehanced2DDisplay.dwg, again you can download it…if you wish to follow along with the video…and the 2D display and performance…in AutoCAD 2018 has been updated.…What is allows you to do is turn off…the smooth line display while still…taking advantage of high-quality geometry.…So what exactly does that mean?…Well, if you come down here to your status bar,…you'll see this little icon here, this blue one…which is your graphics configuration.…
If I right-click on that and select…Graphics Performance, you can see there that…the video card is an NVIDIA Quadro M4000…and it's used in the virtual device of DirectX 11…and you'll notice that the hardware…acceleration is on and using all of the…power of that particular graphics card,…but we've got these two new options here.…So I can switch off smooth line display,…which removes that jagged effect…when you orbit in 2D Wireframe.…So if I switch that off and then okay that,…you can see that we're in 2D…Wireframe here as a visual style.…
- Working with the File Navigation dialog box
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar
- Updating reference paths
- Changing path types
- Finding and replacing reference files
- Renaming unloaded references
- Using linetype gap selection
- Sharing design views from AutoCAD
- Setting a PDF layer
- Using the PDFIMPORT and PDFATTACH commands
- Changing text to MTEXT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. User Interface
2. External References
3. Off-Screen Selection
Using off-screen selection2m 20s
4. Linetype Gap Selection
Using linetype gap selection2m 10s
5. Sharing Design View
6. Using PDFs In AutoCAD
7. Changing Text To MTEXT
8. Technology and Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.