Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Enclose in Object, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] So we're staying in our 03_Text.dwg file…and what we're going to look at now is more text tools.…Now, there's a lovely text took in the Express Tools tab…on the ribbon in the Text panel.…And it's called Enclose in Object.…Now, I love this one because you can use…any object to enclose the text.…So let's have a look at that one now.…It's in the Text panel here and it's Enclose in Object,…this one here.…You can see the Remote Text, Text Mask and Unmask Text…we'll look at those later.…
So, if I click there and come in to the drawing area now…and select my Enclose in object text here like so.…I then right-click or Enter to confirm…and it asks for a distance offset factor.…Now, put in one.…One will work fine because that's…the text height offset times one if you get my drift.…Then we've got a choice of circles, slots, or rectangles.…I'm going to go for rectangles, nice and simple.…And we've got a choice of Constant or Variable size.…I'm going to go for Constant.…And I'm going to go for a Maintain constant rectangle Height…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.