Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing with grips, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- Grip editing within AutoCAD is a very useful tool and…provides an alternative method of editing objects in…your AutoCAD drawings.…Let's have a look at how that works while we stay in…the modifying objects drawing that we've been using for…the previous videos.…See how this control panel with all its little objects on…it now is beginning to take shape.…We're going to zoom in on the two control buttons here,…so let's zoom in nice and close so that…we can see how this grip editing actually works.…Now if you select these circles here like so,…you can see there's a number of grips available to you.…
Now these grips allow you to…edit your actual AutoCAD objects,…so if I hover over that grip there,…click on it, and then right-click,…I've got these options on the shortcut menu to…Stretch, Move, Rotate, Scale, Mirror,…Change the base point, or Copy.…These are the tools that allow me to…grip edit those particular circles.…Now I don't actually have to grip edit in any which way,…the default grip edit is stretch.…So if I click on exit there, and…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.