In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through the use of template drawing files that have been configured with a company or client’s standard layers, text styles, dimension styles, table styles, and multileader styles, along with plot styles and page setups. The instructor discusses not only some of the standard variables set within a dialog but best practice to get the most of the templated configuration.
- [Instructor] In this portion, or chapter,…we're going to focus in on drawing templates.…Drawing template files really are just drawing files,…AutoCAD drawing files that we,…as the CAD manager,…have configured with the company or client's standards.…Such standards that would be stored in the template file…would include layers, text, dimension styles,…or really all our styles,…text styles, dimension styles, table styles,…multileader styles,…along with other additional items.…
Maybe some blocks and other configurations and settings.…Within this, we need to have the users understand…what we've set up as well.…Having the file completely standardized,…the users can walk right in,…and begin production…without having to set anything up at all.…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.