Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing rectangles, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional.
- We're staying in the 3_Drawing Objects_COMPLETE.dwg file…and you'll notice that I've saved it and kept the lines…that were drawn in the previous video.…The idea being that we build this drawing up…to end up with a completed drawing.…Obviously, you can use the blank…3_Drawing Objects.dwg file…to follow along.…Now, what we're going to do in this particular video…is create some rectangles.…Now, rectangles are basically a four-sided polyline,…and the "Rectangle" command allows you to define…the coordinates of two opposing diagonal corners…of those rectangles.…
Now, if we go over to the "Home" tab here on the ribbon…and go into the "Draw" panel…you will find the "Rectangle" command here.…Click on the fly-out here…and you've got "Rectangle" and "Polygon."…Select "Rectangle" and come into the drawing area.…Now, because I've got Dynamic Input switched on,…as per the previous video,…it's asking me for the first corner point of my rectangle.…Now, the good thing is--…because we're using that 0,0…as the bottom left corner of the lines…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
1. Certification: What Is It?
Changing to Certiport1m 8s
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.