Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing polygons, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- The last thing we're going to look at…in this drawing object section of the…AutoCAD Professional Certification course…is how to draw polygons.…AutoCAD can draw anything from a three-sided polygon…up to 1024-sided polygon.…Bear in mind, if you think about it,…these rectangles are polygons.…They're a four-sided polygon.…Now the Polygon command is available on the Home tab…on the ribbon here, and it's actually off…of the little flyout menu for Rectangle.…
So there's the Polygon command there.…Click on it.…Come into the drawing area,…and it prompts you for the number of sides.…The default is normally four, as you can see.…Now I'm staying in the…3_Drawing Objects_COMPLETE.dwg file…and I've saved it as I've gone along to make sure…that you've got a final completed version…in your exercises from lynda.com.…Use the blank one, 3_Drawing Objects.dwg…to follow along with the video, saving as you go along…as well, so that you also get a final version.…
So we're looking back at this Polygon command.…I'm going to go for six sides, a hexagon,…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.