Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing lines and rectangles, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- We're staying in the 2_Basic Drawing Skills_HOUSE…drawing, so you can still use that exercise file…to follow along with this particular video…on the course.…We're going to look at the next set…of basic drawing skills,…which is using lines and rectangles.…Now what I'm going to do is turn that…on its head and do the rectangle part…of this section first,…and then use the line command to tidy up.…Now we're sticking with the landscaping thing.…
In the previous video, what we did was we placed…the little hexagons here, the polygons,…to show a little steppy stone effect like so.…Now we're going to zoom in on that area here,…and as you can see, we've got a DEN/INFANT room,…and again, it's got the double doors…coming out into the garden area.…So what we're going to do now…is draw a rectangle to replicate…a paved patio area.…And we'll use the landscaping layer.…So just check on your layers,…make sure that you're using…the landscaping layer as your current layer.…
Then what we're going to do is just draw…a rectangle in this area here.…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.