Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing circles, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- What we're going to look at now…in the drawing object section…is we're going to look at drawing circles.…And we're going to place…three different types of circle in this drawing.…Now, again, I'm staying in the…3_Drawing Objects_COMPLETE.dwg file…and saving as I go along.…Obviously you can do the same…using the blank version of the drawing…from the exercise files from Lynda.com.…So I'm going to zoom in a little bit. I'm just going to put…the crosshair in the center of the screen,…roll up on the wheel a notch,…just to make things a bit bigger now,…because we're doing a little bit more detailed drawing here.…
We're going to be using the rectangles here,…this one here, and this one here,…as part of the settings for some of the circles…that we're going to draw.…Now, the first one that we're going to draw…is very quick and easy,…and we're going to use some coordinates…to place it first of all.…So we go to the Home tab on the ribbon, like so,…and in the Draw Panel.…If I click on the little flyout there, underneath Circle,…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.