Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Drawing circles, arcs, and polygons, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- One of the basic drawing skills that you will need to know…for your AutoCAD certification,…is the ability to draw circles, arcs, and polygons.…Now we're in the two basic drawing skills house drawing.…I'm using the completed one…because what I'm going to do is,…as I work through this particular section of the course,…I'm going to save each part…so that you have a fully completed drawing,…as well as the exercise file that you will download…from the lynda.com website.…
So we're in the model tab,…and we're going to zoom in on the foyer area here…of the house.…So let's zoom in, just use the mouse wheel.…And there's the foyer and there's the double doors there…to get into the foyer of the house itself.…Now zoom in nice and tight…so that you can see those double doors there.…The first thing we're going to do…is we're going to check our layer.…Now our layer should be landscaping…for this particular drawing.…You can do that on the home tab up here.…Click on the home tab,…over to the layers panel…and you can see the current layer there is landscaping.…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.