In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how the Drafting Settings dialog box can be resized at any time, which is especially useful in dual-screen AutoCAD environments.
- [Instructor] So we're now back…to our UserInterface.dwg file for this particular chapter.…Obviously in the previous video,…we created that separate drawing.…You don't need that one,…you go back to the UserInterface.dwg file…for this particular video, in this chapter.…So we're using the UserInterface.dwg file,…we're not actually going to do any drawing.…What we're going to look at…is the Drafting Settings dialog box,…and one of the neat new features in AutoCAD 2018,…and that is the fact…that the Drafting Settings dialog box can be resized…when you're using Drafting Settings in AutoCAD.…
So your drafting settings are all down…at the bottom right of the screen there.…So what we'll do, I'm going to go down…to something like my object snaps there,…right click, and go to Object Snap Settings…on the little menu that pops up.…And there's my Drafting Settings dialog box.…Now, I can resize this, as you can see,…quite happily.…So I can resize it, I can drag it diagonally,…make it bigger, make it smaller.…Obviously you cannot make it really small,…
- Working with the File Navigation dialog box
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar
- Updating reference paths
- Changing path types
- Finding and replacing reference files
- Renaming unloaded references
- Using linetype gap selection
- Sharing design views from AutoCAD
- Setting a PDF layer
- Using the PDFIMPORT and PDFATTACH commands
- Changing text to MTEXT
Skill Level Intermediate
1. User Interface
2. External References
3. Off-Screen Selection
Using off-screen selection2m 20s
4. Linetype Gap Selection
Using linetype gap selection2m 10s
5. Sharing Design View
6. Using PDFs In AutoCAD
7. Changing Text To MTEXT
8. Technology and Performance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.