In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through multiple parameters within the Display tab of AutoCAD’s options. The parameters include layout elements and Xref Fade control. The instructor describes what is stored within the Display tab, what is changed, and some suggestions on what to set them to for the benefit of all within the company.
- [Narrator] The second tab of the options…is the display tab.…Within the display tab of course,…we have many different parameters…that control the display of our application.…Let's look at just two.…Within the layout elements group,…we can control whether or not…the layout and model tabs down below…are even displayed or visible.…We can control whether or not viewports…are automatically created in new layouts.…
A lot of times, viewports, we want them to be…on a standard layer, and you may choose to uncheck that.…You can control your crosshair size.…More importantly the fade control.…XRefs, by default, are faded to the background…and sometimes hard to see.…You can change that display by simply moving the slide bar…or you can type in zero…and have the XRef look…as if it exists right there in that drawing.…
Within the display, you can also change the colors…of the background and even the fonts that are used.…This really gives users certain custom control…and yet at the same time, you as the one customizing…or managing them, want to create some consistency as well.…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015)with Shaun Bryant4h 58m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.