In this video, Shaun Bryant demonstrates how to delete and purge unwanted annotation styles in the CAD drawing.
- [Narrator] So we're staying in our 04 office…reception area drawing.…And what we're going to look at now is deleting…and purging out any unwanted annotation styles.…So this includes dimension styles, text styles,…multileader styles, and so on.…Now the quickest way to that is to go to purge,…like so, type purge, press enter and we've got…dimension styles in there that we don't need.…So there's annotative and so on.…The only one we need is our diagonal 2.5 millimeter arial.…So these ones here can go, because they're just…causing confusion.…
They're not actually needed.…So I'll select those and I'll right-click and I'll just…purge those three.…Yep, so I'll purge this item, this item, and this item,…and they're gone.…Now, annotative and ISO-25 are the default dimension…styles in AutoCAD.…So I'm going to lose that arrow one as well.…I'll purge that one out as well.…And I'll just leave the default ones in there,…just in case we need them at any point.…It's a bit like leaving your layer zero in your layers.…You can't delete layer zero, but you can remove…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.