Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Delete key: PICKFIRST variable, part of AutoCAD 2017 New Features.
- [Voiceover] Let's have a look now at another…really neat, new user interface feature…available in AutoCAD 2017…and it's the pick first variable…that you use when you're using the Delete key…on the keyboard.…Now what I'm going to do is,…I'm gonna zoom into the top left corner of…the O1 user interface .dwg file…that we're using for this section.…So, I'm just gonna use the mouse,…zoom in a bit and you can see some dimensions…and things there on that corner and you can see…obviously things like the coordinates, the grids and so on.…Now what I'm going to do is utilize that dimension there,…that 3050 dimension there.…
So, if I hover over that now, click on it,…it highlights with the grips as usual.…In any version of AutoCAD, that is what would happen…and then what would happen is if I decide to use…delete on the keyboard, it just deletes it…and you can see at the bottom there on the command line,…arrays and one found.…Now, wouldn't it be nice though,…if before I deleted something, it gave me the option…saying, "Are you sure you want to delete that?"…
- Tool tip and dialog box enhancements
- TEXTEDIT command changes
- Coordination model object snap
- 2D and 3D publishing options
- Graphics performance enhancements
- Center marks and centerlines
- PDF import
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2016. What changed?
A: We added a new chapter, "AutoCAD 2017.1 Update," to cover the new features Autodesk added in the 2017.1 update (released October 2016), including enhanced support for 3D and 4K displays.
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
1. User Interface
3. Installation and Configuration
4. Associative Center Marks and Centerlines
5. PDF Import
6. AutoCAD 2017.1 Update
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.