Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Deciding on and configuring your dimensions, part of BIM Manager: Managing Revit.
- [Instructor] Dimensions are the next best thing to text.…Again, it's easy to configure, and should be done upfront.…If you're following along from the beginning…open up your Global Template file.…If you've just jumped to this lesson, that's fine,…you can follow along with the Global Template…Dimensions model.…Or, of course, you can use your own template…to follow along with, as well.…So, let's jump into Revit.…I'm going to open up my Global Template.…And I want to start configuring some dimensions.…The first thing I'm going to do is draw some lines.…So I'm going to zoom in to where my text is.…In my Architecture tab I'm going to click on…Model Line.…
Draw one here.…And I'll draw one out about 10 feet.…From here, to here.…I'm going to hit Escape a few times.…Now, I'm going to go to my Annotate tab.…And I'm going to click on Align Dimension.…I'm going to put a point here.…And a point here.…I'm going to zoom in on it.…And I'm going to pick off of it just to set my dimension.…I'm going to hit Escape a few times.…Now, on my Dimension drop down…
- Setting up the Revit folder structure
- Creating a revision schedule
- Adding a symbol list
- Creating shared parameters
- Configuring your text
- Creating line types, weights, and patterns
- Configuring the underlay settings
- Creating custom grids
- Viewing templates
- Importing CAD details
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Company-Wide Workflow
2. Global Template Content
3. File Sharing
4. Master Details
Importing CAD details3m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.