Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video DIM layer override, part of AutoCAD: Effective Annotating.
- [Narrator] So we're staying in the…04_dimensioning.dwg file and we did mention…this in the previous video in this chapter as well.…We're going to look at the dim layer override.…I'm just going to look at it in a tiny bit more depth for you.…Because it's a very useful little…tool, it's very, very handy.…Now I'm in the home tab at the moment on the ribbon.…I'm going to go to my layers panel here.…And you can see that the current drafting layer…is the objects layer so what I'll do is I'll just draw a…little rectangle over here on the right hand side.…
So in the draw panel here on the home tab,…click on the file rectangle, just…a little free hand rectangle just there like that.…Doesn't have to be any particular size because…I will delete it in a little while anyway.…I'm then going to zoom in on the rectangle…just so it's a bit more clearer on the drawing like so.…I'm then going to go to the annotate tab.…And you'll notice in the dimensions panel…here's my dims layer override.…So what I can do now is I can override the current…
- Setting up text, dimensioning, centerlines, leaders, and markup layers
- Setting up a multileader style
- Aligning multileaders
- Collecting multileaders
- Setting up the table style
- Working with cells in the AutoCAD table
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Annotation in AutoCAD
Why use annotation?3m 10s
2. Different Types of Annotation
3. Using Text Effectively in Your Drawings
4. Dimensioning Accurately in Your Drawings
5. Using Centerlines
6. Leaders and Multileaders
7. Setting Up an AutoCAD Table
8. Marking Up an AutoCAD Drawing
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.