- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Narrator] Hi, I'm Josh Modglin. Welcome to Customization for CAD Mangers. Your desire to watch this course means you're probably supporting other users. The need to manage and guide your company's use of AutoCAD means that you're going to need to do some customization. In this course, we are going to travel through the many methods that AutoCAD has provided to customize the experience. We will first review customizing the options within AutoCAD. Next, we will consider how to leverage your company template with the proper settings already set to go.
We will also consider how to customize the user interface through CUI files and tool palettes. Finally, we will look at coding and external files, from simple scripts to line type definitions, hatch patterns and even getting an introduction to coding list routines. All of this will provide you ideas of how best to manage your company's needs through customization.
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.