In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through what is a user interface and how to customize AutoCAD’s user interface. The instructor discusses how to access the Customize User Interface dialog and the three main areas of the Customize User Interface dialog: the customization available, the command list, and the properties.
- [Narrator] The user interface oftentimes…we talk about customizing the user interface…but what are we really changing.…This includes the Ribbon, including the Tabs…and the Panels, Toolbars, menus, keyboard shortcuts…double-click actions, really any settings…that adjust how the user would interact…with AutoCAD's interface.…So being able to customize how your users interact…can increase efficiency as you can have tools…most used easily accessible in one Ribbon…or rearranged for their ease of use.…
Some of the most easily accessible tools…may even have shortcuts that can be scripted…to really manage or customize the user interface.…We're going to work from the CUI along the taskbar…in the little drop down here so we have the Workspace…and the Workspace Settings, we'll talk about in a minute…but go ahead and click on Customize.…This opens up the customize user interface window.…This window is broken into two tabs and the first tab…the Customize tab where we'll spend most of our time…is categorized into three different areas.…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.