Learn how to create an advanced linetype definition for use within your company AutoCAD configuration. The instructor discusses the advanced linetype definition format–and the similarities and distinctions between a simple linetype. In addition, Josh demonstrates creating an advanced linetype definition, loading the linetype definition into an AutoCAD drawing file, and using the definition.
- [Narrator] Advanced linetypes really just take…the same format of the simple linetype,…but allow for the addition of a shape to that linetype.…By default, a lot of us think of text…when we think of shapes and rightfully so.…You can add text to your linetype.…But linetypes are not confined to these.…We can make a shape and it will be stored…in an external shape file…and thereby call that shape within our linetype definition.…
One of the easier ways to create that shape file…is from the Express Tools ribbon…under the Tools panel,…and they have a tool called Make Shape.…Before our exercise, we're simply going to use text,…and so from the 07_02 linetype file,…I've opened this up in an external file editor,…and we're going to create a fence linetype.…We'll give it a visual of what…that linetype's going to look like when we're done,…and then we'll create the linetype.…
And just as with the simple linetype,…all linetypes must start with the A…as well as a positive length of the line.…Following that though, we'll give it…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
Designing Dynamic Blocks in AutoCADwith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.