Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and using arrays, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- We're now going to look…at using the Array command in AutoCAD.…This allows us to create a polar array…which in essence is a circular array…around the center point and also a rectangular array…with rows and columns.…It's in essence a copy on steroids basically.…What you're doing is you're copying…but what you're copying using certain parameters…so that you can copy multiple objects really,…really quickly using the parameters…that you put into AutoCAD.…
Now first thing we're going to do, we're going to stick…with our five modifying objects complete drawing…and you'll obviously be using your five modifying objects,….dwg that you're saving as you go through each video.…Now, we're going to use the selection skills again.…I'm going to select this circle here,…this circle here, this circle here…and I'm going to erase those circles there…like so from the previous video.…Then what I'm going to do is I'm going…to select these four rectangles here,…leaving the left most one behind…and I'm going to erase those as well.…
So we're going to do the rectangular array…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.