Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a template, part of BIM Manager: Managing AutoCAD MEP & AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- [Instructor Voiceover] Now that we have…a few styles configured,…we can set up a DWT Drawing Template.…This is a pretty important step…in the set up of your standards.…It's important, but it's really easy.…So I'm going to jump into AutoCAD…and what I'd like to do is,…I'm going to open up my Template Drawing that I had…and it's a DWG file, not a DWT.…Not yet anyway.…So what I'm going to do is…I'm going to come down here to Open Files.…I'm going to browse where I'm keeping my drawings,…and I'm going to grab Templates.…Of course whatever you're working on,…if it's not this, open that up.…
I'm going to Click Open.…I'm going to get rid of some of these Leaders,…so I'm going to click on the Remove Leader button,…I'm going to select this…and I'm going to remove that one, that one, that one,…and that one.…Right click and hit enter.…I like that better.…Okay.…Now, we're simply going to do a Save As.…So let's click the blue drop down,…let's go Save As,…but let's make sure we use Drawing Template…in order to create a Drawing Template DWT file,…
- Managing through LISP
- Working with text, dimension, and multileader styles
- Creating a template
- Creating a palette
- Adding commands and LISP routines to a palette
- Creating a new browser profile and adding new categories, pallets, and content
- Reviewing internal mapping, MEP AEC settings, and MEP profiles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Managing through LISP
3. Tool Palettes for Civil 3D
4. Content Browser
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.