In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through the creation of a template file, including the options found within the Template dialog. The instructor discusses how to create a template and the options while creating the template file. In addition, Josh walks through the template file creation with you.
- [Instructor] Notice that all of the drawing…template set-up that we've accomplished so far…we have done inside an AutoCAD drawing file.…In this exercise, we're going to save that drawing file…to a template file.…So I come up to the application menu,…and we're going to Save As…and we're going to choose file type as drawing template.…Now when we do this, it automatically changes the directory…we're saving in to the default template location.…
So we're going to go back to our desktop…under Exercise Files and under Chapter Two,…we're going to name this Lynda_Master template.…Usually good to name our template after our company name.…We save it. When we do that, we're going to provide…a brief description of the template.…Beyond that, you also have measurement controls.…Measurement controls allows the template to know…whether or not to load imperial or metric…linetype definitions, hatches, patterns, and so forth.…
And so unless we're working in metric,…if we're doing imperial, whether it's civil or…in other architectural or other engineering,…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
AutoCAD: Designing Dynamic Blockswith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.