Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a startup page, part of BIM Manager: Managing Revit.
- [Instructor] A start up sheet is a cool feature of Revit.…And a great way to give the appearance of having…your standards in place.…If you can get your people looking at the same information…every time they open a model,…you're on track to having a really good Revit set up.…We can force Revit to open a model every time…with a sheet as the default.…So I'm going to get started by jumping into…Revit, of course.…Under Families I'm going to go New.…I'm going to go to Titleblocks.…It doesn't matter what size this sheet is…it'll never be printed.…So I'm just going to grab E142 by 30…and I'm going to click Open.…
The first thing I'm going to do is add some labels.…So on the Create tab, I'm going to go to Label.…For Tag one I'm going to click Edit Type.…I'm going to rename this.…I'm going to call it SU Title.…I'm going to click Okay.…For my Text Size, I'll make it a half inch.…I want my Width Factor to be .8.…I'm going to click Okay.…Now I'm just going to pick a place in the upper left…hand corner, like right about here.…
- Setting up the Revit folder structure
- Creating a revision schedule
- Adding a symbol list
- Creating shared parameters
- Configuring your text
- Creating line types, weights, and patterns
- Configuring the underlay settings
- Creating custom grids
- Viewing templates
- Importing CAD details
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Company-Wide Workflow
2. Global Template Content
3. File Sharing
4. Master Details
Importing CAD details3m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.