Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a line, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Instructor] In this exercise, we're going to finish…up talking about database services,…by creating a new line object.…And that'll be a culmination of everything we've learned…about the database properties,…being able to create using a transaction,…tying in to a table record, which in this case will be the…block table record, as well as getting a new align…and this object id at the end of it.…In the meantime, we're also going to be introduced to a…different name space called the geometry name space.…
And so let's go ahead and get into our exercise.…We're going to open up our exercise file found on our…exercise folder.…Chapter five and we're in the 0505 exercise.…And so we go to that solution.…Once it opens up, of course we'll go to the initialization…class, and there is a command already in the process…there named LICreateLine, and so what we're going to do…is just kind of, first figure out what we have here.…
We have our database statement, wrapped with a try,…a catch error trapping, along with a transaction statement…
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.