Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating layouts, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- We're now in the next section…of our AutoCAD certification preparation course.…And what we're going to look at now is layouts and printing.…So what I've done is I've saved the drawing…that we used previously,…in the previous section, the house drawing.…So we've now got a…10 layouts printing house complete drawing.…If you want to follow along with the videos…open up the 10_LayoutsPrinting_HOUSE.dwg file…from the Lynda.com exercise files…and save as you go through each video and work through it.…
You know the drill by now, so let's just get on with looking…at the layouts and the printing.…Now in the previous section I got you to create…this Detail tab here to demonstrate the difference…between the annotation scaling settings…that you use in AutoCAD.…Now it may be that you want to set up another layout tab.…Now setting up layout tabs,…you can do it in a number of ways.…You can go to the output tab here, on the ribbon,…and you'll notice that there's settings here…for plotting and exporting, but there's no layout.…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.