Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating filters, part of BIM Manager: Managing Revit.
- [Instructor] There's a lot of different ways…to get elements to look a specific way in Revit.…Creating filters is one of them for sure.…Some are pretty easy and obvious.…Some are useful, some are useless.…I'd like to show you a useful filter I like to run.…What I'd like to do in this video,…is create a filter that tells me when electrical items…have not been added to a circuit,…by displaying those items as red.…I'm going to jump into Revit.…Under projects, I'm going to go new.…I'm going to click browse.…Now I'm going to find my electrical default.…And I'm going to click open.…
Now I'm going to hit OK.…Now what I'm going to do is just draw some walls.…On the architecture tab I'm going to click wall.…On my draw panel, I'm going to click rectangle.…I'm just going to click a rectangle like this.…I'm going to hit escape a few times.…Now what I'm going to do is go to systems.…I'm going to drop in some receptacles.…So I'm going to go to electrical fixture, right here.…Now put four or five fixtures on my wall here.…Now I'm going to hit escape a few times.…
- Setting up the Revit folder structure
- Creating a revision schedule
- Adding a symbol list
- Creating shared parameters
- Configuring your text
- Creating line types, weights, and patterns
- Configuring the underlay settings
- Creating custom grids
- Viewing templates
- Importing CAD details
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Company-Wide Workflow
2. Global Template Content
3. File Sharing
4. Master Details
Importing CAD details3m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.