Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating center marks and centerlines, part of AutoCAD 2017 New Features.
- [Voiceover] We're now in a new section…of our AutoCAD 2017 New Features course.…And we're going to have a look…at two of the new features now in annotation…that are the associative center mark…and centerlines tools.…Now what I've done is created a new drawing for you.…It's called 04_CenterMarksLines.dwg…and as usual you can download that from lynda.com…and use it to follow along with the videos if you wish.…Now if we just stay in the regular AutoCAD…we're in the Drafting & Annotation workspace.…
I'm going to the Annotate tab.…And you can you see in the drawing…I've got a rectangle and a circle.…Now the rectangle is a polyline, I hasten to add.…Now you'll notice I've got this…new Centerlines panel here on the ribbon.…So if I select Centerline now, like so,…and select the first line that I want to place…a center line from.…So I'm going to that line there…and then the second line is going to be that line there.…It places an associative centerline…in the middle of my rectangle.…Now if I do that again,…Centerline again and select this line and this line,…
- Tool tip and dialog box enhancements
- TEXTEDIT command changes
- Coordination model object snap
- 2D and 3D publishing options
- Graphics performance enhancements
- Center marks and centerlines
- PDF import
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 11/15/2016. What changed?
A: We added a new chapter, "AutoCAD 2017.1 Update," to cover the new features Autodesk added in the 2017.1 update (released October 2016), including enhanced support for 3D and 4K displays.
1. User Interface
3. Installation and Configuration
4. Associative Center Marks and Centerlines
5. PDF Import
6. AutoCAD 2017.1 Update
Next steps1m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.