Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a base class object, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Instructor] When we first were introduced to .NET here,…we were talking about how .NET…is really object oriented programming.…And we discussed really what a class was…really at the beginning of this course.…And the class really is an object.…Everything in .NET including just a string is an object.…But we really haven't delved deep…into understanding what that means.…What is object oriented programming?…And really because we've used the class,…such as the initialization, which is a class,…as simply a means to store our code;…it's just a place to put code, our routines.…
So what we're going to do in this chapter…is we're going to learn a little bit more about…object-oriented programming.…How can we use it more effectively…within our autocad plugins.…And so let's go ahead and open up our exercise.…It's in Chapter 7.…07-01 is our solution.…And as mentioned, everything we've done so far…is within the 07-01, or within the initialization class of…whatever exercise we are working in.…What we are going to do…is we're going to create a new class.…
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.