Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating annotative scales, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- You will have noticed as we've gone through the videos…to annotate our drawings in this section,…I've mentioned things like annotative scales…and viewport scales. Now you'll notice down on the…status bar we have an annotative scale there of 1:50.…It's known as the "Annotation scale of the current view."…Now, because I've set that at 1:50,…and my viewport in my D-Sized layout tab is also 1:50,…the dimensions and the multileaders will show…in that particular viewport.…Now we're staying in the…9_Annotating_HOUSE_Complete.drawing, as usual.…
And what I'm going to do now is just hop into…the D-Sized layout tab here.…No commands, just click on the tab, and you can see…there the multileaders and the dimensions and things.…Now if I click on this particular viewport here, like so,…you can see that the scale of that viewport is also 1:50.…So that's why those dimensions and leaders are showing.…I'll click away from the viewport now, just to make sure…I deactivate it, and hit escape a couple of times.…Now, I'm going to copy the D-Sized tab.…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.