Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a project manually, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Instructor] So far, we've been able…to create a Visual Studio project…and taken advantage of the setup…using the AutoDesk AutoCAD Wizard…to create this plug-in…or this Visual Studio project.…What, though, if we can't get the Wizard to install…or for some other reason,…we need to create this Studio project manually?…Well, let's walk through the steps of doing that…and again, remind ourselves of what…that Wizard's doing for us as well.…
So, we're going to create a new Visual Studio project,…this'll be a Visual Basic project,…so we're going to use a Visual Basic templates.…I'm not going to use the AutoDesk category,…but rather, the Windows…and then we're going to create,…from the sub-category Classic Desktop,…we're going to create a WPF Custom Control Library.…Now, the WPF Custom Control Library,…what that stands for is Windows Presentation Foundation,…it's a means to create the Windows, or the forms,…and we want to have accessibility to the tools…to be able to do that,…and so we're going to use that template…to speed up the setup for us.…
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
AutoCAD: Using the Command Line (2016)with Shaun Bryant2h 13m Appropriate for all
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.