Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a class, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Instructor] Now that we've gotten a little bit…of an overview of the classes that were created for us…by the wizard, we're going to just remove those.…We're going to create our own class from scratch.…But we're going to learn from that overview…that we had of the classes that we did…in the exercise previously.…So we're going to open up our project.…And this is going to be 02-04.…And I'm going to choose the 02-04 solution file.…As usual, we're going to go to the solution explorer.…In this case I'm going to right click…and delete the myCommands.vb…and then right click and delete the myPlugin.vb as well.…
Within MyProject I'm going to right click…and I'm going to choose to add a class.…It's going to come up and say, okay,…well you could add all these other things as well.…Well I already said I wanted to add a class…and I'm going to name this class…Initialization, Initialization.…So a new file is added for us, Initialization.vb…and name the class Public Class Initialization for us.…Above that class…is where we're going to have to do those imports.…
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.