Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and apply dimension styles, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- [Instructor] You'll notice that I've stayed in the…09_Annotating_HOUSE_Complete drawing.…If you want to follow along with this video,…as usual, you're going to be using…the 9_Annotating_HOUSE.dwg file…that you've been using previously to follow along…with the rest of the videos in this particular chapter.…So you can see I'm in the drawing,…and I'm in the D-Sized layout tab right there.…I'm gonna click on the Model tab.…What we're gonna to look at is dimension styles,…how to create them, and more importantly,…how to apply them in our AutoCAD drawings.…
So make sure you're in the Model tab…and then using the mouse with the wheel just zoom in and pan…so that you can see those dimensions there.…Now you'll notice that the dimensions are imperial,…they are in feet and inches.…This is an imperial drawing.…So you can see our styles here.…So we've got a particular font,…we're using architectural text, and so on and so forth.…That is what a dimension style is made up of.…Now if I want to edit my dimension style…or create a new one, what I would do is…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Essential Trainingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.