Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Copy Nested Objects, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] So we're staying in the 02_Blocks.dwg file.…And we're lookin' at some of the lesser known blocks tools…available in the Express Tools tab on the ribbon.…So, we're still in the Express Tools tab up here…and we go to the Blocks panels and we click on the fly-out,…like we did in the previous video,…and just pin open the menu like that,…otherwise, it keeps popping back…in to the ribbon all the time.…So, in the previous video,…we looked at converting a block to an xref.…Let's look now at Copying Nested Objects.…
Now, this is really nice because I can just select…all of the objects that I want to copy.…So let's look at the chair.…If I pick all of the elements on the chair, if I zoom in,…can you see I can pick on…every single element of that chair?…Now you'll notice, you cannot do…any window selections with this.…You do have to pick the elements individually.…But as I click each time,…can you see I'm pickin' on each object?…Takes a little bit of work with your pick box,…but it doesn't take long.…Not on this chair anyway.…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.