Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Convert to Mtext, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] We're staying in the 03_text.dwg file,…and you'll notice we've got a bit of text…in the drawing there that says Convert to MTEXT.…Now, one of the really nice tools that you have…on the Express Tools tab on the ribbon in AutoCAD,…in the text panel, is convert to Mtext.…So any regular text or Dtext in AutoCAD…can be automatically converted to multi-line text, Mtext.…And it's really quick and easy.…So this video is going to be very, very short, I'm afraid.…
You convert to Mtext like so,…you select your single line text like so,…and you just press enter to confirm.…That is now Mtext,…and as you can see down there on the command line,…one Mtext object added.…So if I click on that now, and then double-click,…you'll see that the text editor kicks in on the ribbon,…and it is multi-line text.…I'll click on close here, close the text editor,…job done.…Now the text doesn't look any different,…but I've converted single-line text to Mtext…in literally a couple of clicks.…
Very, very useful if you want to utilize all the tools…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Appropriate for all
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.