Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Convert Block to XREF, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] So we're staying in our…02_Blocks.dwg file, and we're going to have…a look now at some of the other…Blocks Express Tools that are available to you.…We've looked at all the ones that are visible…in the blocks panel, but if you click…on the little fly out here, there's some…other ones that are available as well.…Click on the little pin to pin the fly out menu open.…Now we're going to look at the first one,…convert block to xref.…Now this converts a specified block…as it says in all of its inserts to an xref.…
So if I've got 200 hundred of these little…workstation blocks on a floor of a building…in a drawing, I can convert them all…to a particularly xrefed drawing.…Now what I'm going to do is just convert…block to xref like that, and the block that I want to…replace is my work station block, my Workstation RH.…I can pick it in the drawing like that if I want to.…It automatically takes me to a folder…that I may have used already.…What I've done is I've actually W blocked out…the workstation RH block, and saved it…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.