Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling layer visibility, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- We're now going to have a look…at controlling our layer visibility within our drawing,…and as you can see, I've got the simple drawing…that we've used in the previous two videos.…I've just saved it now…as 7_Organizing_LAYERVISIBILITY_Complete.…If you want to follow along, obviously,…use the 7_Organizing_LAYERVISIBILITY.dwg.…Now, what we're going to look at now…is controlling our layer visibility, i.e.,…do we turn layers on or off?…Do we freeze or thaw our layers?…Now what you've got to remember…is when you turn a layer off,…when the drawing is regenerated,…the layer is still considered,…so the drawing will, in essence, still be the same size,…and if it's a big, complicated drawing,…obviously, it will take longer to regenerate when it opens.…
If you freeze an AutoCAD layer,…that layer is not considered for regeneration,…therefore, the drawing will open quicker.…So if you've got a big, complicated drawing,…what you can do is switch off all the layers…that you don't need by way of freezing them.…Don't use the On-Off tool,…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.