Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring the underlay settings, part of BIM Manager: Managing Revit.
- [Instructor] It's cool that we don't need to manipulate…a bunch of different layers to get backgrounds…to look right.…Boy, I miss AutoCAD.…Revit understands what discipline we're in and treats…items from architecture different automatically.…This will have this link in an architectural model.…Then I'm going to look at the halftone underlay settings…to see how we can make our backgrounds be less…predominant.…To get started, I'm going to jump into Revit.…I'm just going to click on Mechanical Template right here.…Now I'm going to go to a 3D view.…I'm going to go to the Insert tab.…
I'm going to click on Link Revit.…I'm going to browse to where I'm keeping…my exercise files.…And I'm going to go back to Chapter one.…Click on my project.…Going to go to Revit.…Go to Architectural.…I'm going to grab that architectural model.…Now I'm going to position it auto origin to origin.…I'm going to click Open.…Excellent.…I'm going to do another one, I'm going to click Link Revit.…I'm going to go up to my Plumbing model.…I'm going to click Open.…
- Setting up the Revit folder structure
- Creating a revision schedule
- Adding a symbol list
- Creating shared parameters
- Configuring your text
- Creating line types, weights, and patterns
- Configuring the underlay settings
- Creating custom grids
- Viewing templates
- Importing CAD details
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Company-Wide Workflow
2. Global Template Content
3. File Sharing
4. Master Details
Importing CAD details3m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.