In this tutorial, Josh Modglin walks through how to configure the palettes within your server directory so as to share palettes within the company. The instructor discusses how to adjust the tool palettes path and how to use this for palette organization. In addition, Josh demonstrates the path configuration and effect.
- [Narrator] After we've created our tool pallets,…one of the goals will be to share…these pallets within the company.…Now we talked a little bit about tool pallet groups already.…But another method to share these is to set…the tool pallet path within our options configuration…so as to share just those tool pallets…and thereby, use that method to control the groups.…So if we go to our Options, under Tool Pallet File Locations…in our Files tab under Options.…
But we can change this path and we can set it…to our exercise files chapter five…and notice how many tabs are available now.…Those are all the pallets that are available…within that path and thereby we've reduced…what's available to just what we need to provide…to the user at that time, making it easier…for them to navigate and find the tools that they need.…Simply by changing the path, we can change these…paths using List Routine or Scripts as well,…as using our Options dialogue box.…
- Using variables and profiles
- Customizing AutoCAD templates with styles and layer properties
- Using dynamic blocks
- Customizing the AutoCAD interface
- Creating custom tool palettes
- Creating and editing scripts
- Adding custom symbols
- CAD programming with LISP
Skill Level Intermediate
Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professionalwith Shaun Bryant4h 40m Appropriate for all
Designing Dynamic Blocks in AutoCADwith Scott Onstott1h 5m Intermediate
1. Customizing Options
2. Drawing Templates
3. Dynamic Blocks
4. Customizing User Interface
5. Tool Palettes
7. Custom Symbols
8. LISP for CAD Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.