Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Command Aliases, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] We're now in a new chapter of our AutoCAD…Express Tools workflow course and we're looking at Tools.…Now, these are tools that might not relate…to drawing commands for example…so they might relate to commands,…they might relate to variables,…Command Aliases, xrefs, Xdata.…Things like that.…Now, we're in a new drawing called 08_Tools.dwg…and it looks remarkably familiar to the drawing you used…in the previous chapter when we looked at…the dimensioning tools and the Dimension panel…in the Express Tools tab.…
Now, I've left that there deliberately…purely because it is a drawing that is open.…Now we may not utilize the information in the drawing,…but we need to have a drawing open…to work with some of the commands in the Tools panel…in the Express Tools tab on the ribbon.…So we're going to look at Command Aliases first.…So this won't affect what's in the drawing,…but I'm going to go up to the Tools panel here,…in the Express Tools tab on the ribbon,…Command Aliases, and there we go.…So this is the Command Alias editor.…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.