In this video, Shaun Bryant shows how to change and remove unwanted colors.
- [Instructor] So we're staying in our…03_OFFICE_ReceptionArea drawing,…and what we're going to look at now when it comes…to properties management of our CAD drawing…before we take it into Revit, is colors.…Now colors are quite important.…Now what you've got to remember is when…you're working in AutoCAD, I'm working in AutoCAD 2018,…the default background color is this…sort of dark gray, which is great on the eyes.…It's really comfortable on the eyes I have to say,…but when you work in Revit, you're normally working…with a white background.…
Now that's just the way Revit works.…It's always had a white background…instead of a black background, and in some respects…it works better because you can visualize…and see the model better on a white background.…It does, I have to say, help when you're working…in a 3D environment to have a white background.…But what we've got to think about…is the colors of everything that we've got right now,…and how they will look on a Revit white background.…Now you can do this two ways.…
- Why link CAD drawings into Revit?
- Using a consistent layer naming philosophy
- Removing unwanted layers and properties with the PURGE command
- Annotation and dimensions
- Optimizing blocks in CAD drawings
- Using a linked CAD file to see changes
- Managing linked CAD drawings in Revit
- Generating a BIM model from a CAD file
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction: Linking Drawings into Revit
2. CAD: Layer Management
3. CAD: Properties Management
4. CAD: Annotation and Dimensions
5. CAD: Optimizing Blocks in the CAD Drawing
Removing unneeded blocks3m 2s
6. Revit: Importing a CAD Drawing
7. Revit: Linking a CAD Drawing
8. Managing Linked CAD Drawings in Revit
9. Generating a BIM Model from a CAD File
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.