You can set your 3ds Max import units setting. Author Shaun Bryant shows you how.
- [Teacher] As I said in the previous video, … we're going to go through the AutoCAD DWG DXF … Import Options Dialog Box piece by piece. … Now the reason I'm doing that is just to make sure … that you've got a point of reference … for each aspect of the dialog box. … Rather than jump into it all in one video … it then gives you a nice little point of reference … for each aspect of the dialog box that you can refer to. … If I do all of this as one video, … you're going to have to keep rewinding all the time, … at least this way you can just jump into each video … and check the part of the dialog box that you need to check. … Just thought that would be a lot easier for you. … So, first thing we're going to look at is the units. … Now you'll remember previously, … we set up the units, didn't we? … We set the system units … and also the display units in 3ds Max. … Now if they're already set, … you don't need to worry about … your incoming file units here, Model Scale, … and you'll notice that's defaulting …
- Preparing a 2D CAD drawing
- Saving the correct file type
- Creating new boundaries
- Working with existing CAD drawing and layers
- Setting up 3D layers
- Working with the units of a new drawing
- Setting display units in 3ds Max
- Importing, linking, and locating
- Extruding boundaries
- Preventing clashes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Cleaning Up Your CAD Drawing
2. Setting Up New CAD Layers
A new layer for the 3D floor3m 18s
3. Creating New Polyline Boundaries
4. Saving Out as a New CAD Drawing
5. Setting Units for 3ds Max
6. Importing into 3ds Max
7. Extruding Wall Boundaries in 3ds Max
8. Extruding the Floor in the 3ds Max Scene
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.