Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing object properties, part of Cert Prep: AutoCAD Certified Professional (2015).
- We're now in a new section…in our AutoCAD Professional Certification Course…and we're going to be looking at organizing objects.…First thing we're going to be looking at…is changing object properties.…Now you can change individual object properties…very quickly and very easily in AutoCAD.…And you can also utilize layers…to define the properties of objects as well.…What we're going to look at first is actually the properties…rather than the layers themselves.…So I've got a drawing open,…7_Organizing_PROPERTIES_Complete.…
If you want to follow along, it's the usual drill.…7_Organizing_PROPERTIES.dwg can be downloaded…from your lynda.com exercise files.…Now everything I've drawn here, so far,…is actually on layer zero.…So if I hover there, that's a line on layer zero.…That's also a polyline on layer zero.…Now you'll notice in the home tab on the ribbon,…we have the properties panel here.…Where we can work with colors by layer,…lineweight, and linetypes by layer.…
They're normally set to by layer by default.…So at the moment, all of these objects in the drawing…
- Creating and publishing AutoCAD files
- Drawing shapes and lines
- Creating isometric drawings
- Transforming objects
- Creating and using arrays
- Organizing objects and layers
- Reusing content with blocks
- Adding text, dimensions, multileaders, and scales
- Creating layouts
- Setting printing and plotting options
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Is this certification available for AutoCAD for Mac users?
A: AutoCAD certification is on the Windows environment only. Currently Autodesk does not have plans for an AutoCAD for Mac certification.
Q: This course was updated on 02/01/2016. What changed?
A: We added four new videos to the "Certification: What Is It?" chapter. These tutorials cover Certiport, the online certification service that now offers a variety of Autodesk certifications.
AutoCAD Architecture Essential Training (2014)with Paul F. Aubin7h 27m Intermediate
AutoCAD Tips, Tricks, & Industry Secretswith Jeff Bartels3h 48m Intermediate
AutoCAD: 3D Architectural Modelingwith Scott Onstott3h 12m Intermediate
AutoCAD 2016 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 46m Beginner
1. Certification: What Is It?
2. Basic Drawing Skills
3. Drawing Objects
4. Drawing with Accuracy
5. Modifying Objects
6. Additional Drawing Techniques
7. Organizing Objects
8. Reusing Existing Content
Working with AutoCAD blocks5m 31s
9. Annotating Drawings
10. Using Layouts and Printing
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.