Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Change URLs, part of AutoCAD: Express Tools Workflow.
- [Instructor] In the previous video we looked at how…we could show URLs or Universal Resource Locators…in our AutoCAD drawings.…We're staying in the 09_Web.dwg file, and what we're going…to look at now is how we edit those URLs…in our AutoCAD drawings.…So again, I'm going to the Express Tools tab on the ribbon,…into the Web panel here, click on the flyout…for URL Options and select Change URLs.…If I select that line there where I know the URL is…and then right click to confirm, you'll notice I can change…the URL for that line in Model Space.…
So I might change that to, let's say, ikea.com.…So if I go in there and type ikea.com like that,…click on OK, that updates that URL.…So if I now hover over that, I've still got a URL there…and it will take me to a different web location…if I hold down Control and click on it.…It will now take me to the IKEA website…instead of the Herman Miller website.…And that's how quick and easy it is.…It's a quick and easy setting command…where you go in and edit the setting for the URL…
- Using Explode Attributes, Replace Block, and List Properties
- Exporting and importing attributes
- Converting block to XREF
- Copying, extending, and trimming nested objects
- Working with Arc-Aligned Text and Modify Text
- Masking and unmasking text
- Modifying using Stretch Multiple and Extended Clip
- Changing layouts with Align Space, Synchronize Viewports, and Merge Layout
- Using Super Hatch
- Resetting text and modifying text
- Importing and exporting dimension styles
- Working with Xdata
Skill Level Intermediate
Optimizing Your AutoCAD Desktop to Go Mobilewith Shaun Bryant2h 28m Intermediate
1. Express Tools: What Are They?
Why use Express Tools?2m 13s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.