Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Centerline, part of AutoCAD: Effective Annotating.
- [Instructor] The other type of centerline…tool available to you in AutoCAD…in the annotate tab on the ribbon…is in fact the centerline command itself.…So we're staying in that 05 centerlines drawing,…and you can see the center marks…that I placed on the circle.…We're now going to use the centerline command,…which is in the centerlines panel here.…There's centerline.…And I'm going to select the first two lines…that I want the centerline to go through.…So if I select this line, then I select this line,…there's the centerline that appears.…
If I do the same again; centerline,…and do this line and also this line,…you can see there's another centerline that appears.…Now again, if I zoom in really close,…you can see there's a tiny, tiny little extension there,…just sticking out at the top of the rectangle.…So I'll zoom back out again,…and what I'll do is I'll select the centerline.…Right click, and go to properties.…And again, you've got the geometry.…Can you see the start extension and the end extension?…So if I change those to, say, 25 again,…
- Setting up text, dimensioning, centerlines, leaders, and markup layers
- Setting up a multileader style
- Aligning multileaders
- Collecting multileaders
- Setting up the table style
- Working with cells in the AutoCAD table
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Annotation in AutoCAD
Why use annotation?3m 10s
2. Different Types of Annotation
3. Using Text Effectively in Your Drawings
4. Dimensioning Accurately in Your Drawings
5. Using Centerlines
6. Leaders and Multileaders
7. Setting Up an AutoCAD Table
8. Marking Up an AutoCAD Drawing
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.