Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Center Mark, part of AutoCAD: Effective Annotating.
- [Instructor] The first type of centerlines tool…that we're going to work with in this chapter…in AutoCAD is the center mark tool.…Now you will find the centerline…and the center mark tool on the annotate tab…over here on the ribbon.…There's center mark and there's centerline, there.…And there's our centerlines panel.…Now you'll notice I've deliberately placed…a rectangle and a circle so that we can place…centerlines on the rectangle,…and in this case, center marks on the circle.…So I'm going to go to center mark here,…come into the drawing area, and select the circle…to add the center mark to, and it places it automatically…for me like that, on our centerlines layer…that we placed earlier and set up earlier.…
So if I now just press enter, to confirm that,…when I hover over it, you'll see it's all one object.…And it's using the linetype center two,…but how did it know how to do that?…Well, that's the benefit of the new center mark command,…is it automatically utilizes a center type layer in AutoCAD.…Now, I'm going to select it, because it's all one object.…
- Setting up text, dimensioning, centerlines, leaders, and markup layers
- Setting up a multileader style
- Aligning multileaders
- Collecting multileaders
- Setting up the table style
- Working with cells in the AutoCAD table
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introduction to Annotation in AutoCAD
Why use annotation?3m 10s
2. Different Types of Annotation
3. Using Text Effectively in Your Drawings
4. Dimensioning Accurately in Your Drawings
5. Using Centerlines
6. Leaders and Multileaders
7. Setting Up an AutoCAD Table
8. Marking Up an AutoCAD Drawing
Next steps2m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.