Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Bringing it all together, part of AutoCAD Add-ins Using VB.NET.
- [Instructor] In this last exercise for this chapter…we're going to bring everything together…that we've learned so far…and we're going to create a command…that will make modification to objects…within our drawing.…We're going to use a Window Interface to accomplish that,…so let's go to our exercise.…This exercise already really has been set up for us,…so we're going to go to our Exercises, Chapter Eight, 08-04…and go into our solution…and we're going to walk through and review everything…that we've learned so far…and see what has been implemented for us already.…
So, if we go to our Solution Explorer,…we first are going to go to our windows.…In our Window folder we have the winSelectLayer window.…We're going to go ahead and open that up…by double clicking.…It zooms to fit the window,…it's a little bit big, so we're going to go take it back down…to 100% here in our view…and of course the objects have not changed…since our last exercise,…so we have our BaseObject and our LayerObject.…We've created this window…and set it up so that it will be only 100 pixels in height.…
- Creating a project using the Autodesk wizard
- Creating classes, command routines, and functions
- Manually creating projects
- Basic .NET functionality
- Working with database properties
- Working with transactions and TableRecords
- Getting a user-specified point and distance
- Creating and inheriting a base class object
- Creating a window interface
Skill Level Intermediate
AutoCAD Customization for CAD Managerswith Josh Modglin2h 6m Intermediate
1. Working with the Microsoft Visual Studio Development Environment
2. Creating Your First Project
3. Basic .NET Functionality
4. AutoCAD ApplicationServices Namespace
Creating a new drawing5m 40s
5. AutoCAD DatabaseServices Namespace
6. AutoCAD EditorInput Namespace
7. Class Object Fundamentals
8. Creating a Window Interface
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.